Syllabus of Preliminary Exam
The syllabus of preliminary Exam Paper-l mainly concentrates on the current affairs. So, the candidates need to update themselves with the national as well as international happenings.
The Paper-ll (CSAT) covers analytical or generally it is an aptitude test. The candidates require scoring at least 33% marks to qualify for the Civil Services (Mains).
|Paper||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Allowed|
|I||General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
|II||Civil Services Aptitude Test||100||200||2 Hours|
UPSC Preliminary Examination Syllabus 2015
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization General Science.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)