Salary Scales of an IAS Officer
Although private sectors may offer healthy packages, but a huge list of candidates do not hesitate to leave their comfortable jobs to enter in the public employment sector. The reason is that the candidates don’t choose the Government sectors merely for the salary or the perks. Government services actually matter a lot and have a lot more facilities to provide its employees. Now, saying this doesn’t mean that the Government offers reduced amount of packages, obviously not!
Salary scale of the Public employees differs according to the post and other criteria.
IAS salary structure comprises of different pay scales: Junior Scale, Senior Scales, Super Time Scale, Above Super Time Scales etc. Every pay scale advances with different pay bands.
- Junior Scale: Pay Band: Rs 15600-39100 plus Grade Pay Rs 5400
- Senior Time Scale : Pay Band: Rs 15600-39100 plus Grade Pay Rs 6600
- Junior Administrative Grade: Pay Band: Rs 15600-39100 plus Grade Pay Rs 7600
- Selection Grade: Pay Band: Rs 37400-67000 plus Grade Pay Rs 8700
- Super Time Scale : Pay Band: Rs 37400-67000 plus Grade Pay Rs 10000
- Above Super Time Scale
- Rs 37400-67000. Plus Grade Pay of Rs 12000.
- The Apex Pay Scale of Rs 80000 (fixed). No Grade Pay.
- Cabinet Secretary Grade of Rs 90000 (fixed). No Grade Pay.
Understanding the IAS officer’s salary and allowances
The above mentioned chart reflects on the basic salaries. You may also get enabled to acquire HRA (40% of Basic or official accommodation), DA (the DA has increased from 72% in 2012 to 107% of Basic Salary in 2015), TA etc. DA is revised on half yearly (January and July every year) basis depending on the inflation index. Not only this, one can also anticipate further increase in package once the 7th pay commission reports are accepted.
An Approx Division of Scales of IAS officers
- Junior Scales (0-4 years)
- Senior Scales (4-9 years)
- Senior Time scale (4 years+)
- Junior Administrative grade (9 years+)
- Selection Grade (13 years+)
- Super Times Scale(16 year+)
- Above Super Time Scale(25 years+)