Functions of UPSC
The UPSC performs various functions:
- Conduct the exams and the interviews for appointing the candidates to the union services for direct recruitment. This examination includes exams for the All-India Services Central Services and Public Services of the centrally and Ministered Territories.
- Help out the States in structuring and operating schemes of joint recruitment for any services wanting special qualifications.
- Operate on the interests of the State on the request of the State Governor and with the approval of the President of India.
- Imparts advice on the matters referred to them or any other matters which may be referred to the commissions by the president.
- UPSC can be consulted for further issues as well:
- Issues related to human Resource management etc.
- On all the matters associated with the methods of civil services or the civil posts.
- UPSC can be consulted to claim any reward of pension with regards to the injuries maintained while serving the nation.